More of the Steampunk World that Inspired us this week!
1. The Victorian Silhouette - I love playing with the different shapes and silhouettes that progressed through the Victorian period and it is great to see them displayed here to take inspiration from.
2. Octopus Décor - This is an incredible light installation using the tentacles of the octopus to great effect. This would look truly unique in any home - love love love!
3. Death by Dress - The green of shimmering silk, was one of the Victorian era’s most fashionable hues; people, mostly women, wore it even after it was widely known that the arsenic-based dye responsible for the colour could lead to horrible physical suffering and early death. Yikes!
4. Steampunk Superheroes - This is a great sketch of how mixing Superhero and Steampunk can create a sexy and stunning idea for my next party!
5. Industrial Inspiration - Sometimes I just love some great architecture and as the Victorians created the best architecture the world has ever seen, it looks stunning even in a state of undress.
6. Tea Anytime, Anywhere - Some great girls decided that they would have some tea on London bridge - not so unusual you might think - they did however just happen to have their own table, chairs and tea set with them - not to mentions some very pretty outfits - Splendid Ladies!
7. Nurse & Child - Sometimes it is just a stunning image that catches you eye like the one below called Nurse & Child from 1850 America.
See you next week!